Theological Libraries Month (TLM) is this October and it exists to increase awareness of the importance and value of librarians and libraries serving theology and religious studies programs through communications and activities for faculty, administrators, staff, and students.
How can you participate in TLM?
- Download and print posters and other resources to announce TLM on your campus
- Share your plans and ideas with ATLA so that we can promote them on Facebook, Twitter, and in the ATLA Newsletter. Send your plans to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write and disseminate press releases for use in campus publications and local community newspapers
- Participate in the Book Spine Poetry Contest
Take Part in the TLM Book Spine Poetry Contest
We are excited to announce the return of the Book Spine Poetry (BSP) Contest! This contest is a great way to celebrate TLM as it gets your students and/or patrons in the library and in the stacks.
The contest is simple: students and/or patrons are encouraged to create poetry using the titles of books from the library and snap a photo. Post the photo to Twitter or Facebook using #TLM2018. Be sure to tag @yourATLA on Twitter or tag us on Facebook so they can be entered into the contest.
We will be reposting our favorite photos throughout the month of October. Four winners will be chosen and showcased in the ATLA Newsletter and will receive a $25 digital gift card.
All photos must be posted by midnight on October 31 and winners will be announced in November. Read the Official Rules and Regulations.
We encourage libraries to create their own themes or fun guides.
- Book titles from faculty and staff titles
- Book titles from famous religious studies scholars
- Book titles from a specific special collection or library display
Other Ways to Promote Your Library
And while we hope you will participate in TLM, it’s only one month out of the year and we’re excited to offer assistance and opportunities in promoting your library all year long. Contact us for ideas or apply for the Library Impact Grant or Consultation Services Grant.