As of March 2017, the Reciprocal Borrowing Program is two years old, and participation is steadily increasing each month. Please join us in welcoming the member institutions that joined the program in late February and early March.
The Reciprocal Borrowing Program creates an arrangement between participating North American ATLA Institutional Members to grant check-out privileges to each other’s patrons and students. To find a library close to you, please visit the map of participating member libraries.
Biola University was established in 1908 as the Bible Institute of Los Angeles, with the purpose of educating Christian men and women at home and abroad. By 1949, the Bible Institute had become a flourishing Bible college and in 1952 launched Talbot Theological Seminary to further serve the Christian community.
The Rose Memorial Library opened to the Biola community in the fall of 2001. The mission of the Library is to provide access to knowledge and information to serve the research, teaching, and learning needs of the university community; facilitate the integration of on-campus and online curricula with relevant resources and robust library services, and support the university mission by fostering biblically centered scholarship.
In 1942, Montgomery Bible College, today known as Faulkner University, was established to provide preacher training and education in the Christian tradition. The Kearley Graduate School of Theology within Faulkner University offers master’s and doctoral degree programs in Biblical Studies, both of which may be completed fully online. Faulkner also hosts the F. Furman Kearley Conference for Biblical Scholarship to promote scholarly research in biblical studies among scholars within the Church of Christ.
The Gus Nichols Library contains over 300,000 volumes and provides both collaborative and quiet study spaces for students. In addition, the library offers various electronic databases and curates lists of online resources that students may find helpful for research.
In 2000, Olivet University was established as a Bible college named the Olivet Theological College & Seminary (OTCS). OTCS offered multiple fields of study and distance learning to ministry-bound students all over the world.
The Ralph D. Winter Library offers students wide-ranging reference services. The Library was dedicated at Olivet University on September 10, 2007, with a special ribbon-cutting ceremony in honor of the late Dr. Ralph Winter, one of the world’s foremost mission strategists. The move to broaden the collection by language placed special emphasis on Christian resources in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.